Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gienie's (Auto) biography

I was all wet when I first opened my eyes, to get the first glimpse of this world. The air was cold and moist alright, but I was wet more because my mom was stroking me. I had no idea how long I lay there. My feet trembled as I tried to stand up. The chill would reach my urine-soaked-abdomen making my first steps even more difficult. It was not long before I stood up and managed my first steps. Before I knew, I had travelled the entire world. For, my world then started at the wet rusty cage bars and ended at my mother's nipples. Probably I spent the next few days under my mother's care and sibling's rivalry, I don't know exactly how many until...

It was one early evening, when I was lifted out of that cage-world, by a pair of anything-but-soft hands. They smelt of fuel and cigarettes. The hands dropped me in to a basket and then into a car. The car then started its journey to I have no idea where. I was sickened by the constant turbulent motion and the gush of air through my ears. I fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself lying on a solid non-turbulent floor. It was noisy – cheering, clapping and laughing (something that I could feel but never do). I was scared,for this was the first time I saw humans in wild. There was no cage between us.

I was given a scrub, patted dry and fed some milk. Famished as I was, the milk was refreshing. I remember seeing three humans that day. The 4th one joined the group at night fall. It took me few more days to realize that the group of four humans were now my family. I don't know exactly when, but my family started calling me Gienie. To this day I don't know why they named me so. But I couldn't complain and I didn't need to. I liked my name.

I started finding my niche in my new house. The space between the sofa and the wall, under the bed, under the kitchen sink, beneath the dining table, out on the porch. I took the liberty to laze around where ever I wanted. My mom, was there all day with me at home but neither of us bothered each other. She was busy with her chores and I was busy with “mine”. My brothers would be back from school in the evening, and my childhood evenings were spent biting their heels, pulling their trousers and playing football with them (although all I did was pounce over the ball and never let any one touch it).

As I grew up, I wanted to break free from the confines of my home. Not that I did not like it, I just wanted to explore the world a little more. When ever I got a chance, I sneaked out of my house and ran on the streets. With the wind combing through my hair, and my brothers chasing my shouting my name. They were too scared, that I might be run over by a car or something. However, I loved this game. I could enjoy my short burst of freedom under my brothers' watchful eyes and dependable legs. Every time one of them would manage to catch me, whenever I decided to return home. I got shouted at and at moments spanked, but hey, its all in the game. I also learnt how to sport the oh-I-am-so-sorry-and-I-swear-to-god-I-wont-repeat-this-again look. Some times it worked, sometimes it didn't.

As time passed, I grew up to understand when things were not right at home. My brothers wouldn't be in their playful selves and would seem busy studying. My parents wouldn't be talking to each other and would be talking to each other through me! It was depressing – the mood in the house, but I also kinda liked it because of the attention I received. My father although liked me, thought of me as a liability to the family. They could not leave my alone at home nor could they take me out with them. You know, for social gatherings and stuff. I had to say I was very scared when my family would lock me up in my house and go out some where. I knew they would come back, but loneliness was killing.

Few years later, my family had to move to a new house. This meant a lot of work for them shifting stuff. And I made it worse. Some one had to take care of me all the time. It was a long journey. For days together. I was not allowed to stay with my family during the travel and my father would visit me once in a while. I reunited with my family after may be 6-7 days. I was half dead but was so happy to meet them again. We did this not once or twice but four times until now.

I knew I was helpless and my family was sacrificing a lot for my sake. But it did not matter because we loved each other. We did not want to be separated. I grew older, probably older than my once older brothers. I don't know why, but they seemed to be growing older slower than I was. Life is not always fair is it? We hadn't moved out of my current house for quite some time now, and I thought finally we settled down. Now that things will go on smoothly forever. I could sleep for the whole day, run around within our cramped apartment, play with my brothers and steal my father's sock. Just when I thought this was how my future looked, I fell sick.

I don't remember exactly how, but I wasn't feeling great. I have fallen sick before. Few times for a few days. I wouldn't eat and take plenty of rest. This would usually come to an end when my mom forced some crushed pills down my throat. However, this time I knew this wasn't just another sickness. I was taken to the hospital. I was scared. My mom would stay by my side.I was scared - of the injections and crushed pills. Couple of days later, my parents bought me home. But things changed. I was not allowed to play with my brothers anymore. I was not allowed race up to the terrace and laze. I was not allowed to eat anything solid. It was strange. My mom would carry me (something she never did for a long long time now) to the terrace for about 15-20 min twice a day.

But, thank god I am fine now. I feel a lot better today. I badly want to get to normalcy. Sleeping for the whole day, running around within our cramped apartment, playing with my brothers and stealing my father's sock. I just have this one visit to the doctor's today for a formal check up and its good bye sickness!! I will be back tonight to complete this story. It would be great to finish this story off with a triumphant description of how I won the long battle against whatever that made me fall sick.

-Gienie

I agree Gienie, it would have been great. I wish I did something more to help.
RIP

-Vijay

6 comments:

Deepti George said...

sad..

Vijay said...

the story or the writing?? :)

dataexpert said...

You completed a number of nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found ExcelR Business Analytics Course nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog.

saketh321 said...

As always your articles do inspire me. Every single detail you have posted was great. ExcelR Business Analytics Course

Anonymous said...

THE GREAT POST
THANKS FOR SHARING
Deep Learning Training in Delhi
R Programming Training In Delhi
graphic design training in Delhi
Full Stack Institute in Delhi
Statistical Analysis System Training in Delhi
GMB
SASVBA
FOR MORE INFO:

Anonymous said...


Thanks for the Valuable information.Really useful information. Thank you so much for sharing. It will help everyone.

Full Stack Training in Delhi
FOR MORE INFO: